Monday, October 11, 2004

 

Me & My Big Mouth!

One of my elder brothers has started learning computers, you know, all the basic stuff that everyone goes through when first exposed to computers - "Using DOS/Windows", "Microsoft Office applications", "Fox pro" et al. Yesterday, he was exploring my old machine (1 GHZ Celeron, 384MB SDRAM, 2 x 40GB + 17GB HDD, nVIDIA TNT2 64M) and was bragging about how his instructor goofed up one of the practical sessions and how he corrected him (typical statement from a person who has just entered in to Computer-adolescence! ;) ). Usually I do not allow the conversation to go in to subjects that I don't remember or I usually suck at! But, probably because of the heavy lunch I had just before this conversation, I answered "Yes" when my brother came up with "BTW, Kanna, Foxpro theriyuma unakku?" (BTW, Kannan, do you know Foxpro?). Immediately, he opened Fox pro 2.6 and asked me to explain how to do this, that, blah blah...

Gosh, that was one hell of a test for my poor memory. It got stretched beyond all sane limits :) But, I really enjoyed talking about those old beasts once again. Kind of hanging around with your school friends !

Here are some interesting links about those neanderthals we dealt with in our past life.

Some generic things

Software museums

Some Fox pro stuff (v2.6). Hope my brother reads this. Naren anna, ithu ungallukkaga.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Indian Bloggers Ring
[ Join | Hub | ? | << | >> ]